planning for preliminary task - location shots

 

At first when I had the idea to shoot my film based of a dream I immediately knew I was gonna need a bed to shoot so me and Mr Armstrong went to look around the school and he gave me his opinion of the place and how I could create effect and suspense in the film 


I choose this room in Boarding House at Ellesmere College as it had only 2 windows which was gonna be useful for me as I dint want much light 





I then wanted to play around with my camera angles at the sink which I was able to pull off by some miracle but I did get a shot of the character looking at the mirror and the camera captured it but I didn't use it in my film as I thought it had no meaning behind it and would be pointless 













I then came to the thought of the antagonist who needed a weapon and handily the golf club was just standing there to be picked so we looked at the corridor and saw where we could place the camera and how we could be able to get enough lighting for the audience to be able to see anything 





finally this was a location shot we took but never used but I thought I would just drop it anyway. We could not use this as it would not be possible to get it dark enough and empty as students and staff were walking past all day 









REFLECTION : 

this us where I went around and looked to find the best location to shoot , this helped me look at different areas and how I can create effect and implement all the codes and conventions of a horror film into my shots 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essay

RESEARCH: Documentary review : Sports (Air)

RESEARCH: Montage