film poster analysis








As I am new to media studies , one of the ares I needed to get right was the mastering and understanding of the key words and the denotations . As I am studying film opening I decided to to start with film posters . this will really help me to get the hang of the key words and get a better understanding of the codes and conventions of horror using my research into this task .
firstly I gave the denotations of a film poster using the key terms to be able to give labels to every aspect of the poster and the codes in a poster . I learned that each element has a specific term that is different to our every day vocabulary . I have gotten a hang of them but need to continue to practise to fully master all of them 
I then had a look at the connotations of the denotations of the film poster explaining what I personally interpreted from the images in the poster and how the director is trying to give clues , hint and ideas . This showed me how intentional every part of the poster is 
The final piece of this cake was adding my past research and understanding of some of the theories and using them to be able to identify the theories in posters and films 
going forward I want to have a look at researching and understanding research and sound terminology which will all incorporate in my final film 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essay

RESEARCH: Documentary review : Sports (Air)

RESEARCH: Montage